is a multi award winning, cosmopolitan and friendly seaside town in the heart of West Cork. Winner of the Academy of Urbanisim’s best town in Europe 2017, it is home to Irelands best beach, Inchydoney, as voted by Tripadvisor. With a wide variety of excellent schools, sports and leisure facilities, shops, bars, restaurants and family-friendly amenities, Clonakilty is a popular choice for people who want to raise families in a safe, community rich environment while being within easy commuting distance of Cork city.
Check out this Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE9oWowQl_E
Sample of some things to do in Clonakilty
- Explore the many beaches within 12 minutes of the town including Inchydoney, Duneen, Red Strand, Dunworley, Long Strand, Ownahincha and The Warren
- Tour the acclaimed West Cork Model Village, Irelands only model village, with working trains from the 1940’s, remote control boats & ‘Tschu Tschu’ train ride
- Visit the Michael Collins Heritage Centre and Michael Collins House.
- Rent a Clonakilty Bike from any one of 10 local hotels
- Chill out in Clonakilty’s Friday Famer’s market at Emmet Square
- Check out Clonakilty Park Adventure Centre with its zip lines, climbing tower and aerial high rope trekking.
- Visit Clonakilty Brewing Company with its microbrewery and award winning craft beers
- Go walking at Carrigfadda Hill, The Cliff Walk Ownahincha, Castlefreke and the renowned Seven Heads walks.
- Take a tour of Clonakilty Distillery & Visitor experience, a tour of a real life whiskey & gin distillery with its superb restaurant
- And much more including Inchydoney Surf school, the Park Cinema, The Park Leisure Centre, Atlantic Whale tours, Clonakilty Community Sports complex, Clonakilty and Dunmore Golf Clubs, Templebryan Stone Circle and much more.
Cloheen Homes Ltd